Obstetric brachial plexus injury obpi also known as birth brachial plexus injury bbpi is unfortunately a rather common injury in newborn children. The term birth related brachial plexus palsy brbpp refers to injury noted in the perinatal period to all or a portion of the brachial plexus. Brachial plexus injury bpi a brachial plexus injury occurring during birth is called birth related brachial plexus palsy or obstetric brachial plexus palsy. Obstetric brachial plexus lesions obpls are typically caused by traction to the brachial plexus during labor the incidence of obpl is about 2 per 1000 births. The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that originates at the spinal cord near the neck and passes down your upper arm from under your collar bone
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.